Receiving Tax Documents from Employers and Others

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Tax Planning Tips and other Taxes topics.

When should I receive tax documents from employers and others?

Receiving Tax Documents from Employers and Others

Whether you're a teenager working part-time at the local mall or a corporate executive working for a Fortune 500 company, you will receive income tax documents from different sources. Some will document income earned that you need to report on your income tax return. Others will document deductions that you can claim on your income tax return. Regardless of what the form documents, the golden rule is that, with few exceptions, all income tax filing related forms most be postmarked and in the mail to the taxpayer on or before January 31 of the following calendar year. For example, for tax planning purposes, you should plan to receive your 2005 tax documents by early- to mid-February 2006.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
George Sayour