Pay Your Balance By Phone

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Online Tax Filing and other Taxes topics.

When can credit card payments be made for this years tax returns?

Pay Your Balance By Phone

Starting January 1, 2006, balance due payment on federal forms can be made by credit card by phone or Internet. Integrated e-file and pay options begin on January 13th.
If you're not getting a refund, you can pay your balance due via credit card by calling 1-800-2PAY-TAX (1-800-272-9829) or 1-888-PAY-1040 (1-888-729-1040). You may also pay by using or Your credit card issuer will charge you a convenience fee based on the amount of the payment, in addition to the fee for using this service. Both systems accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Carma Spence-Pothitt