Amended Tax Return

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Federal Income Taxes and other Taxes topics.

Amended Tax Return

H&R Block Tip: If you need to file more than one year amended return, you need to file a separate amended return for each affected original tax year. This means you cannot combine figures from different years onto one amended return. Be sure that when you fill out your amended return Form 1040X, that you explain all the changes you are making. Attach any additional information (such as schedules and forms) that explain your changes. This makes it easier for the IRS to understand your changes. If you have questions while filing taxes online, the TaxCut tax programs feature virtual assistants available to answer your questions. You can also access the H&R Block Help Center for more in-depth topics, or take advantage of free technical support via chat during normal business hours.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Carma Spence-Pothitt