2005 Hurricane Assistance

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about IRS and other Taxes topics.

Is the IRS offering hurricane assistance?

2005 Hurricane Assistance

In response to the devastation caused throughout the Southeast United States by hurricanes Wilma, Katrina, and Rita, the IRS has set up a dedicated hurricane assistance toll-free number for taxpayers personally impacted by the storms. For hurricane-related IRS tax help, including information on tax law changes and any special IRS forms you may need to complete, call 1-866-562-5227. Some of the tax law changes implemented in response to the 2005 hurricanes apply to individuals and businesses directly impacted by the storms, and some apply to individuals and business donating to charities that responded to the disasters. The IRS is preparing Publication 4492 to summarize information on the tax law changes and specific hurricane relief tax programs. It will be available for download at IRS.gov.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Jerry Mayo