January 29, 2010, Newsletter Issue #204: Receiving Tax Documents from Employers and Others

Tip of the Week

Whether you're a teenager working part-time at the local mall or a corporate executive working for a Fortune 500 company, you will receive income tax documents from different sources. Some will document income earned that you need to report on your income tax return. Others will document deductions that you can claim on your income tax return. Regardless of what the form documents, the golden rule is that, with few exceptions, all income tax filing related forms most be postmarked and in the mail to the taxpayer on or before January 31 of the following calendar year. For example, for tax planning purposes, you should plan to receive your 2005 tax documents by early- to mid-February 2006.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Linda Handiak