July 31, 2009, Newsletter Issue #178: Change of Address Form

Tip of the Week

It is important to keep your address current with the IRS. Your listed address is the one that will be used to mail your tax refund check to (unless you are receiving your refund via direct deposit). If you are planning on receiving a refund, also notify the IRS of your old address. That way nothing will be left untouched. Every year thousands of income tax refunds are returned to the IRS due to improper addresses. Do not let that happen to you. Also, your address will be used by the IRS in any communication done with them.

Use IRS Form 8822 (Change of Address) to report your new address. Be sure to include your social security number in your communication.

You also can visit the IRS website and change your address online.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Patricia Walters-Fischer