September 7, 2007, Newsletter Issue #80: Qualifying to Use IRS Form 1040A

Tip of the Week

When it comes time to choosing from among the three main federal income tax forms, there are two main differences between the 1040A and the 1040 tax return forms: deductions and income level. If your taxable income is below $100,000 and you plan to take the standard deduction rather than itemize, then the 1040A is probably best suited to your needs. If you are preparing your own taxes using tax software, the software will actually determine which form to use. Likewise, if you are using a tax professional to prepare your taxes, he or she will determine which of the tax return forms is better for your purposes.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Barbara Gibson