September 14, 2007, Newsletter Issue #81: Qualifying to Use IRS Form 1040

Tip of the Week

If you are wondering which of the federal tax forms you should use to file taxes this year, ask yourself a few questions. Is my taxable income $100,000 or more? Will I be itemizing my deductions? Will I be claiming any dependents? Will I be reporting self-employment income? If you answer, “Yes,” to one or more of these questions, chances are you need to use IRS Form 1040 to file your taxes. For more detail on which tax form to use, visit and read Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax. It's loaded with guidance on all of the three federal tax forms as well as tons of other tax tips.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
PJ Campbell