April 14, 2006, Newsletter Issue #11: Dealing with Missing or Late Tax Documents

Tip of the Week

Itís the end of February and you still havenít received all the Income Tax Filing documents you were expecting? If youíre expecting a refund, that can be a real pain. However, thereís technically no need to worry. First, try calling the employer, investment company, bank, or lender. If they say theyíve already sent the document(s), ask that a replacement be sent immediately. If that doesnít get results, you will need to call the IRS for help at 1-800-829-1040. Remember, even if you donít receive a form that you were expecting, the IRS may have. It is your responsibility to make sure you report all income from all sources on your income tax form.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Taxes Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Linda Handiak